Microfibers released from washing harm the environment. With each wash, countless plastic fibers from synthetic textiles are making their way from washing machines into rivers and oceans.
The Guppyfriend Washing Bag tackles microplastic pollution! This hands-on solution reduces the amount of microfibers that may enter major waterways from washing.
- It reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes
- It filters the few fibers that do break
- It’s a daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals
After washing garments in Guppyfriend, remove the microfibers from the bag and throw them away in the trash. If you'd like to ensure they won't end up in our waterways, you can collect the fibers in a sealed glass jar, and toss the glass jar away once it is full of synthetic fibers!
How to use: Fill half-full with synthetic clothing materials, zip closed, wash as usual; remove clothes to hang dry and remove released microfibers found inside the Guppyfriend.
- Designed for use with synthetic materials (polyester, acrylic, nylon etc), the Guppyfriend can also be used as a wash bag for natural-fiber clothing.
- Size: 29.1 x 19.7 in (74 x 50 cm)
- Material: polyamid 6.6 untreated
The inside of the bag is slick which leads to reduced abrasion and breaking of fibers. The clothes in the bag undergo less mechanical stress and less friction with other clothes, which prevents fibers from breaking in the first place (by up to 86%!) and a longer lifetime of the textiles!
The washing bag is designed in such a way that it can easily be recycled with identical materials at the end of its lifecycle: The whole bag – except the zipper – is made of a single material. Please send your Guppyfriend back at to them at the end of its lifecycle. They will reuse it and eventually recycle it into new Guppyfriend Washing Bags!